Skip to main content

WHY I wrote THE WEIGHT LOSS CODE




Since announcing the forthcoming launch of my 1st book, I have been overwhelmed by your show of support and encouragement and a bit of pokes here and there to spill out what the book is about.
It's also been interesting reading the guesses about what genre this could be. 

I didn't plan to keep this to myself for long, so today I'm spilling it!

Those of you who know me will remember that in 2018, I took the bold decision to address my overweight. That's just putting it mildly. Truth is at the time I was officially obese and my BMI had crept up to the red range of the NHS BMI scale.
Anyone who grew up with me could not believe I could ever get that big. However I found the right information, applied it and in 6 months, I transformed my body and have since regained control of my weight. I learnt a lot along the way and have decided to put these in a book to help as many people who may still be struggling with overweight or be caught up in the vicious 'diet - lose weight - regain weight' cycle.

Why I decided to write?
  • I am passionate about sharing knowledge. I believe knowledge becomes power only when it is applied and shared.
  • Obesity has become one of the top 5 morbidity factors globally. Around 50% adults are trying to lose weight at any given time yet the obesity rate keeps rising. 
  • There  are too many complicated diet fads out there but weight loss is not supposed to be complex. People just don't have the correct information.
  • Underlying health issues strongly linked to overweight and obesity played a  big part in the high rate of Covid19 fatalities. The BAME community in particular was hit hard hence the need for this call to action.
In this book, I share how anyone can lose weight in a simple, straight forward, and sustainable manner; with some small lifestyle  changes that are easy to implement; cuisines from anywhere in the world; and familiar food ingredients that are readily available and easily accessible. (not something that grows only on one tree in the Amazon or is found on only one mountain in the Himalayas 😊)

I am extending an invitation to anyone who would like to join my book launch team.

 Simply click here to opt in  if this message resonates with you and you want take part.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving Chronicles Day 1: My BE-ing

‘ For in Him I live and move and have my BE-ing’ (Acts 17:28) My transition over the years from the very shy and stuttering girl on the left to this bold, outspoken and confident woman on the right never ceases to amaze me.  For whatever reason, I just could not like myself. I grew up in a loving family, our parents put us first and gave us the best of everything but these voices in my head never stopped telling me I was not good enough. You're thin, you cannot talk smoothly, you are too tall, you are too this, you are too that, you are not this, you are not that! These thoughts went with me into teenage and despite being very bright academically these voices got louder and louder in my head until my late teen.  In 1998, I remember coming back home from polytechnic during my OND days and having this conversation with my mum. Days before, a couple of petite but mouthy friends had laughed at me in school again and told me I looked horribly thin & tall. Mummy,

Thanksgiving Chronicles 7: Planted and Surrounded

May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, Ruth 2:12   Credit:Uncle Debo Adeleke  Today as I mark the start of another year, the focus of my thanksgiving is on the family God planted me in and all those wonderful and amazing people that God has surrounded me with from the cradle up until now. Without God we are nothing and without the right people, life can become a lonely, desert island. I have so many things to be grateful to God for and could keep writing for days unending because God has never stopped doing me good. He daily loads me with benefits and marks my journey with his grace. Thank you Lord for my parents, parents who took their responsibility seriously and set our feet on the path of righteousness. Parent who prayed for us and thought us to pray and depend on God. My parents can pray!!! Ahh!!. The long list of people we pray for daily in morning devotion. If you are in a hurry to get somewhere, please

My Couples Weekend Away 2019 Experience

We've just returned from NCC Streatham'2019 Couples weekend away and every year just hasn't stopped surpassing the previous for us. The theme this year was THE MISSING LINK and I doubt if any of the around 40 couples in attendance anticipated what we will be finding.  The weekend started with an unforgettable 5 minutes introduction by Kemi Laleye based on the parable of Jesus about a woman who had 10 coins, lost one and rather than manage with the 9,did everything possible to find the one because without the one, she may be fine but will still be incomplete. She lit a lamp, swept the house, turned things upside down until she found the one, then rejoiced over it with her neighbours. We were told: you need to know you had it for you to even realise its lost,  the light though lit to find the missing coin will also exposed other hidden things  sweeping the house to find the coin will also consequently result in de-cluttering and  in finding it, we need to rejo